An artist cannot fail; it is a success to be one. Charles Horton Cooley

An artist cannot fail; it is a success to be one.  Charles Horton Cooley

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Call me Caveman

Well everyone... yes, all two of you, listen up: I am going paleo. What is paleo? Great question, unfortunately, I am not really sure myself, so here's what I've got; my paleolithic ancestors were hunter/gatherers, and did not have access to foods like grains, legumes, refined sugar, and other such foods that grow only when cultivated. So despite all the hullabaloo about grains being the "base of the food pyramid" (which we ALL know is a conspiracy anyways)... and the word of wisdom "all grain...the staff of life, not only for man but for the beasts of the field" Which I'll worry about that later... we are experimenting with this new, GLUTEN FREE, fresh veggie based diet. Today is day one, and guess what? I'm craving snacks already... I am used to drinking a soda a day and eating whatever the F I please because... Well because I can. I've never been punished for it, and am fit enough to do what I want. Lately, however, I have started to feel sick after I eat... every.single.time. Boo. Well Here's the plan; I am going to go home tonight and hook up with my bester, Sadee, buy a bunch of paleo cook books, and go GROCERY SHOPPING for tons of healthy snacky-snacks to get me through this first week. And just when you thought this no grain diet was extreme enough of a change.. WHAM! 21 day sugar detox that's right mt dew we're ova... for at least 21 days. So, here's the game plan for the week

Day 1: Deal with these icky cravings, and go grocery shopping. Throw out all unhealthy/gluton-y/non-paleo foods in my snack stash

Day 2: Bring veggies with me EVERYWHERE and buy paleo cook book/mooch off my besters already great meal planning

That's pretty much as far as I got.. So check out my new FOOD BLOG!!! YAY! http://nienahrung.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment